Celiac Disease and Gluten-Free Diet Videos
Have you or someone you know been recently diagnosed with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity? Do you need more information straight from a professional on the gluten-free diet? These educational videos were built to help those looking for information they can trust from professionals who know how to explain the basics and beyond. The following videos were produced by Harris Whole Health featuring Dr. John Snyder, Chief of the Department of Gastroenterology at Children's National Medical Center in Washington D.C., Dr. Gary Kaplan, Medical Director of Kaplan Center for Integrative Medicine and Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD Registered Dietitian and Nutritionist.
A 2010 Peer Review Resesarch Grant from the Celiac Sprue Association made this educational tool a reality. Donor: Lodico Walk of CSA Long Island Chapter #23
- Dr. Snyder: What is Celiac and Who has It
- Dr. Snyder: Signs and Symptoms of Celiac Disease (Part 2)
- Dr. Snyder: Testing and Diagnosis (Part 3)
- Dr. Gary Kaplan: Gluten Sensitivity
- Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD: What is Gluten & Where is it Found? (Part 1)
- Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD: Common Questions & Vinegar, Alcohol and More (Part 2)
- Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD: Label Reading, Including Examples (Part 3)
- Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD: Oats and Cross Contamination (Part 4)
- Cheryl Harris, MPH, RD: Q&A and credits (Part 5)
- Celiac Disease & a Gluten Free Diet
The Boston Children's Hospital put out a series of videos to help families. They have a helpful video for Celiacs going off to college for the first time. The DVD below provides tips to help students navigate college dining services and maintain a gluten-free diet while at school.