CSA Mission Statement
The Celiac Support Association®/ United States of America, Inc. (CSA/USA, Inc) is a member based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis worldwide through research, education and support.
The corporation has been organized exclusively for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Subject in any event to the foregoing, the specific purposes of the corporation are as follows:
- to provide and actively disseminate educational materials on celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis to individuals with such condition, their families, health care professionals and other interested persons;
- to serve as a vehicle for providing mutual support opportunities to individuals with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis, and their families, by, among other things, encouraging, establishing and supporting volunteer units for such individuals throughout the country;
- to keep abreast of and publicize current research on gluten sensitive enteropathy as related to the conditions of celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis;
- to provide information about the clinical diet recommendations for celiac disease;
- to work with both industry and government to improve labeling practices for ingredients which affect individuals with celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis;
- to exchange information and sponsor programs with other public and private organizations relative to celiac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis; and
- to solicit funds through memberships, private and corporate donations, foundation and estate contributions for the purpose of supporting the above-referenced programs and activities.
From the Articles of Incorporation
Filed Oct. 22, 2001